The BLS course is intended for healthcare professionals from various medical fields and settings which include hospitals, out-patient clinics and home healthcare agencies. Healthcare professionals such as physicians, nurses, respiratory technicians, certified nursing assistants (CNA) and paramedics, involved in the care and management of the critically ill and injured, can benefit from this program.
- Updates in BLS based on the 2010 American Heart Association guidelines.
- Immediate recognition of stroke and sudden cardiac arrest
- Early assessment of a patient’s level of consciousness
- Effective chest compression techniques highlighting quality, rate and depth
- Proper rescue breathing sequences to provide adequate ventilation
- Continuous CPR until return of spontaneous circulation
- Rapid defibrillation using an AED, if indicated
CoMedEd Texas offers several different ways to take a BLS course. Whether this is your first time receiving your BLS certification or BLS recertification, we guarantee you won’t have any problems finding the course you need.
You will receive your certification card at the end of class, after successful completion of the course requirements. Our courses are designed for you to learn how to apply the material in a real life situation. Guaranteed. If you don’t pass your BLS course, or feel you didn’t comprehend the material, you can come to another course until you do, for free.