Heartsaver CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult CPR and AED use, as well as how to relieve choking on an adult. This course teaches skills with AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching (PWW) technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ learning of skills.
This course is for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
- Key changes in CPR based on the 2010 American Heart Association guidelines
- Assessment and management of medical emergencies
- Early assessment on the victim’s responsiveness
- Effective chest compression techniques highlighting quality, rate and depth
- Proper use an an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking
CoMedEd Texas offers several different ways to take a HeartSaver course. Whether this is your first time receiving your CPR certification or recertification, we guarantee you won’t have any problems finding the course you need.
You will receive your certification card at the end of class, after successful completion of the course requirements. Our courses are designed for you to learn how to apply the material in a real life situation. Guaranteed. If you don’t pass your CPR course, or feel you didn’t comprehend the material, you can come to another course until you do, for free.